We do custom C# development for SQL Based Database Applications.
If you have the need for custom application development that integrates with you existing systems, please give us a call.
Below are some of the application we developed over the last 5 years.
Discharge Distribution is one of our own add-on modules we developed for managing the distribution workflow.
The module is centred around receiving and dispatching stock invoices and essentially monitoring external parties involved with getting the job done. The module fully integrates with Pastel Evolution and allows for feedback when the stock has been delivered either to the customer or by the supplier.
Credit Notes and Return to Suppliers with an array of additional parameters are automatically generated when finalising an invoice. The inputs are then used for monitoring delivery efficiency, loss, theft, damages, picking etc.
Additional features of the application include:
1. Supplier KPI management (additional parameters processing doing a GRV).
2. Credit Control Authorization -> Only allowing a SO to be processed when a unique Password is entered per SO document.
3. Sales per customer type -> moving GL sales transactions to make sense.
4. User access control
Below are a few screenshots of the application:
Call us if you have a distribution centre who either uses or wants to use Pastel Evolution, but need additional functionality as described above. Please note, the software can be customised for individual companies
Strategic Returnable Assets
A client approached us to solve a problem they had with managing strategic returnable assets (SRA). The SRA (like trays, pallets, drums, cables, protective containers) are not sold to clients but are worth a reasonable amount of money. SRAs need to be managed when going out and when coming in.
The trays mentioned above costs around $25 each. The company has more than 20 000 which are shipped to over 50 locations, sites, or clients.
The application manages these specific products and adjust the print-out for delivery and return purposes. See image 1 below. The program effectively adds and subtracts the items in the database for proper stock management. Additionally, because the stock will be either at a client/remote site or in a warehouse the application also allows for stock take at a client/remote sites.
Stock take variances (items lost or damaged) are consequently invoiced to a client, or can be written off. These are all settings within the application self.
BELOW ARE SCREENSHOTS TO EXPLAIN THE PROCESS:
THE INVOICE PRINTED FROM SAGE EVOLUTION WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS IF
- The client is a SRA registered candidate
- The invoice lines include any SRA items
The invoices are typically printed in duplicates, with one copy being returned to the office for processing.
SRA APPLICATION FROM SAGE EVOLUTION
The SRA Application can be opened directly from Sage Evolution as seen below:
SRA INVOICE MANAGEMENT SCREEN
When logged in, invoices are listed for return processing. This is the heart of the operational process.
- Opening qty: will show the SRA items for the client associated with the invoice highlighted.
- Invoiced qty: will calculate the various SRA items that shipped with the invoice (these items are not listed as items on the invoice) but are managed, and can be adjusted accordingly.
- Return qty: this is where the invoices returned with their respective qty are entered.
- Damaged qty: If any of the SRAs are damaged, they are entered here. This will automatically create an invoice within Evolution (as a GL line).
- This column, closing qty will calculate and display various SRA qty still at the client/ remote site.
- To reflect any new invoices while working, the user can simply click on the “Refresh” button.
- The “Process” button essentially process the qty out, in and damaged (plus invoices) and will consequently remove the invoice line from the list.
CLIENT SRA QTY ADJUSTMENT SCREEN
The second icon on the navigation panel is used for opening stock or adjusting a client’s SRA qty.
When a qty is adjusted downwards, the differences are automatically entered in the Invoice field, but this can be adjusted per entry if required.
CLIENT SRA RELINK QTY SCREEN
All good systems need a relink, re-calculation process. This screen can be used for one or all clients. The process essentially runs through all the SRA transactions and ensures the various SRA quantities are aligned correctly.
CLIENT SRA STATEMENT SCREEN AND REPORT
An SRA statement (qty movement) report can be sent to a client. The screen allows for client selection, start and end dates.
The statement would look something like this:
CLIENT SRA STOCK TAKE MANAGEMENT
In order to properly manage stock take processes at client sites, there is a screen that allows you to manage this.
If a client site needs a stock take (scheduled for every three months), the next invoice will print a “Tray Management” Footer that will specify to the driver to do a blind stock take of the various SRA items.
The invoice footer will print out as follows:
Extended Lot Tracking for Sage Evolution – ELT
The standard Sage Evolution Lot Tracking module is often out of sync with most company’s business operations. There are times when items are received, and only, later on, it becomes clear what the Lot Number pieces and quantities are. Currently, this information might be unknown to the person who processes the GRV and if they allow for a once off system generated lot number to be linked to items, Lot tracking ultimately serves no purpose. Consequently, most companies give up their license to use Lot Tracking and find alternative methods like Excel.
This has now changed. With our new ELT (Extended Lot Tracking) application, lot numbers can be allocated once the warehouse manager specifically inspects them and consequently facilitate the printing of labels.
Consider this scenario:
An item “Widget” with quantity 119 is imported. 100 should be kept as BULK stock and 19 should be specifically tracked with LOT numbers. The 19 can, however, consist of three, maybe four different pieces of lengths, weights or cubes. ELT facilitate the breakup of the lot items to inherit specific Lot numbers [even after it has been received (GRV-ed) into Sage Evolution]. ELT also manufacture lot items from “linked bulk” items to start tracking only when it is required.
The same applies when selling these items. Sales reps are not always aware which LOT items can be selected, or even whether they are accessible. Sales Order processing becomes even more difficult when additional lines for each LOT number and information like Heat numbers, lot qty, warehouse etc ought to be typed in.
A 10 (meter, kg, or cube) item can be “cut” from a 20-meter or a 12-meter Lot/Bulk Item or it might be that the client wants a 9-meter and 1-meter piece. All these scenarios are catered for by ELT and provide an easy to understand interface.
ELT also caters for test certificate management. Test certificates (or heat numbers) are essential for engineering firms to ensure quality control, as well as corporate – and safety governance. Heat numbers (test certificates) can be linked to LOT numbers, making it easy to retrieve the information when needed. All the Heat numbers can be manipulated throughout the system, from the GRV to labelling to SO processing.
ELT has various reports that will assist users to access specific Lot item information normally only accessible for Evolution users. This saves time and money given no additional licenses are needed. These reports include:
- Lot Number Transaction Report
- Lot Number Detail Qty Report
- Lot – Heat Number Detail Report
- Non-Printed Labels Report
The ELT system extends the functionality of Sage Evolution’s Lot Tracking module. It allows for a simpler interface. It isolates the warehouse management and inventory handling functions and if correctly used should significantly reduce the risk of/and errors.
ELT makes Lot tracking make sense.
Below are some screenshots of the application self.
In: PO Lot Number Allocation
All items entered via the Purchase Order Screen (or Allocated to Lot “A”) will be displayed here.
Double-click on a line to process individual items into Lots.
- Select the number of pieces you would like to break the item into
- Specify the “From” Warehouse
- Specify the “To” Warehouse
- Select the PO applicable (if any)
- Click on Next
The number of pieces specified will be displayed in lines. The last line U/A stands for Un-Allocated.
For each line:
- Specify the Qty to be allocated to the Lot
- If applicable, type in a Heat Number (Test Certificate Number)
- And a comment if required.
- The PO would have been entered on the previous screen, but can be changed here.
- You can also add or delete lines as required. The Lot Number will adjust accordingly.
- You can also print the document for record keeping purposes.
- The transaction type used can/should be defined as part of the setup screen
- These reports cannot be re-print, so best to stick to a policy.
- The report will indicate on the top left corner whether or not the document was processed.
- “Process” to create Lot items and Subtract Lot items “A” qty.
After the “In” Process is complete…
Your transaction will be ready to print a Label.
Click on the Labels button to see all labels to be printed.
- Double click to make the label.
- The label will show the item code and description
As well as the Lot and Heat Numbers
And Date of Printing
- To see all previously printed labels (or to reprint a label) click on “Prev Printed”
- You can change the Heat Number on this screen. After editing a heat Number…click on Save
- Click on Mini Man in the system tree
- Specify the Lot Item you would like to create
Additional information is populated based on the Item you selected.
- You can specify a Reference Number and Heat (Certificate) Number
- And then specify the Qty you would like to Manufacture
- The From Warehouses (BULK) and To Warehouse (LOT) can be selected accordingly.
An error message will display & disable the process button if a warehouse cannot be used
- The Print Button will again produce a record of the transaction
- Process will then do the transaction and clear the various fields
- No financial transactions are posted to Sage Evolution GL.
- The transactions are between two Stock items and it does no effect on the TB.
- The Cost Price of the Bulk and Lot Item are updated. The Lot item’s cost price will be affected based on the current Average Unit Cost and Qty, and then be recalculated with the new Qty and Added Cost.
Please refer to the next page for numbered explanation
- Click on the “ßOut” button to activate and show the unprocessed invoice screen. All unprocessed invoices will be listed there. Click the appropriate line to open the invoice with all the individual invoice lines as displayed above.
- Decide on the number of pieces the original qty requires. The line note might say 2 x 3m pieces and the qty might say 6m. Duplicate the line and then double click on each.
- Once you double clicked on a line (Tip: Double click on the code) a dialogue box appears.
- In the dialogue box, you should specify the Warehouse you took the piece from.
- A list of appropriate “Item specific” Lot numbers will then be displayed in the drop down box. Select the correct one.
- This will, in turn, provide a list of previously linked HeatNumbers, but if your heat number does not show you can overwrite it here or leave it blank.
- The Qty to be allocated are limited by the Qty still available for the Lot Number selected.
- If you are done with this line and want to display it as “Picked” select the checkbox and
- Click on Save to close the dialogue box and update SO.REPEAT STEPS 3 – 9 FOR EVERY LINE.
- If you made changes to a Lines Note (#18), Whse Done Check Box (#15), Heat # Done (#16) or typed in something for the Heat Number (# 17) click on the “Save Changes” button.
- Once you are done with the Sales Order and want to communicate it with the Sales Reps, click on the Whse PP Tick (Lot Item Manager) and Heat Num PP (Test Certificate Manager).
- Users can Export the Grid to Excel or Print the grid detail to a printer.
- These toggle buttons enable the Lot Item – and Test Certificate managers to respectively see a list of items (invoice lines) they should still work on.
- Once you are done updating all the invoice lines with the appropriate Lot and Heat Number, you can Close the Screen. For any changes been made in Evolution, use Refresh to show it.
- You can also check invoice lines “Warehouse Done” checkbox here.
- You can also check invoice lines “Heat # Done” checkbox here.
- A linked Heat-Number can be selected as demonstrated at #6 or alternatively it can be typed in here.
- A line note can be created, amended, or deleted per invoice line item. This feature can be handy when communicating cutting and picking instructions between Rep and Warehouse. Please note, if your invoice layout allows it, it might show on the actual invoice or delivery note. Disable it If applicable.
- For each inventory item, the system shows a sum of quantity allocated. These totals provide additional information to ensure the right number of items and total qty are used.
- Lot Number Transaction Report
- Lot Number Detail Qty Report
- Lot Heat Number Detail Report
- Non-Printed Labels Report
User access rights are important.
A user must have access to the user management module before they can access this screen.
All screen access is controlled from here.
- Click on Users to open the module
- Add or Delete a user
- You can make changes directly on the Grid.
- Save all changes (per row)
- Print the grid